Update Notes – 4.3.0
Mar 21, 2018
Account access is one of the critical security gateways that helps protect event and guest data. Maintaining best professional practices for passwords helps ensure data breaches don’t happen, and multi-factor authentication (MFA) is a critical layer of additional security for event professionals.
Enabling MFA is now available on all zkipster accounts. MFA requires multiple forms of credentials at login, in this case a code sent via SMS, which dramatically reduces the possibility of malicious outside attacks gaining access to user accounts.
Version 4.3.0 focuses on improved login security with MFA features and improvements to RSVP forms, including:
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA): All users can now activate MFA in their profile and set their individual MFA phone number. When activated, MFA works at each login by sending an SMS code to that phone number, which the user then must copy into zkipster in order to log in. MFA can be set to trigger at every login attempt, or only once every 30 days. Enterprise account administrators can enforce MFA activation for all users on their zkipster account under Security settings.
- Field Ordering on RSVP Forms: All RSVP forms now have their own field order that is independent from the guest fields screen definition. Response form fields can now be changed and set for each RSVP form without affecting other forms.
Here’s the full list:
- [All accounts] Multi-Factor Authentication has been introduced, accessible via the Profile screen for individual users, and via Security settings for Enterprise admins
- Important for teams: Current versions of zkipster apps will continue to work seamlessly, unless a user activates MFA via their profile or an administrator forces MFA activation, in which case mobile apps must be updated to this MFA update (iOS 2.23.0, Android 1.11.0) in order for login to work.
- [Professional] Response field order in RSVP forms is now independent for each form, and can be edited without affecting other forms or guest fields screen definitions
Improvements & Fixes
- Improved descriptive text of check-in messages
- Added warning pop-up when replacing guest lists
- Guest details can now easily be opened in new tabs by using middle-click on a mouse
- Miscellaneous minor fixes and improvements